Monday, May 18, 2015

ZOMBIE: FANTASY CUSTOM CHAMPION!?

Back in November I finished my first zombie custom, "Victim of Science."



He sold the week following his completion.

The woman who bought him kept in contact with me on deviantART and told me she planned on taking him to a live show in May. Today, she got back with me to tell me the results, and here's what she said:

"Me again! Just wanted to let you know I took this guy to his first model horse show yesterday and he did AWESOME! He won champion in a pretty good sized fantasy custom section and then went on to win a Top 5 overall in the VERY competitive custom division, against some gorgeous (and "real") horses! :D" 

[UNPROFESSIONAL SCREAMING OF HAPPY]

I expected him to place decently - maybe a third at most. I never expected him to take home a champion ribbon!! Ah I'm beside myself!!

This is definitely motivation to work on my next one!

Be right back, I'm just gonna go die of happiness now!

This is seriously a huge moment for me. It's one thing to create a custom and take it to a show, but it's a whole other thing for someone to buy your custom, take it to its first show AND COME BACK A CHAMPION IN THEIR DIVISION.

Just-

May I have a moment?

</most unprofessional post thus far>

No comments:

Post a Comment