Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Zombie is Mutating!

I did some more work on the Shasta zombie while I take a break from Pestilence. I'm loving her more, the more I work on her. The original concept I wasn't sure I was satisfied with, so I tried re-designing it. I've been having a hard time drawing her for some reason. So, I decided to try to help myself out by painting the skeleton as her anatomy shows, on her show side. I then drew that onto a piece of paper and started drawing in the muscles.

... I didn't get very far.

Then I decided, "Well, why not start emaciating her?" At this point I was feeling pretty bad about the fact that she hasn't progressed when Pestilence (the commission) is nearing the sculpting stage. I had decided to try and finish them up at the same time so I could photograph them together (which is something I have yet to do; photograph two zombies in one scene!) So I got to work. She didn't cooperate as well as Pestilence did, but she's passable right now.







I was careless with the flame which caused her to burn in quite a few places. Initially, I was going to try to avoid it, but after I had burnt her once, I realized it's giving her a nice effect. Some areas look diseased, others look like open wounds, and the rest look like a maggot infestation. I really like it, a lot.



I'm still rethinking her design. Her neck will remain generally the same even if I resculpt it, but I'm thinking of using a skull on her, too. I'm just really liking how the painted skull is looking.

So, yup! Expect to see more of both in the near future!

Over and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment