Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hostage - Day Two

NaNoWriMo is four days in, and I'm on my second day.
The first chapter is almost done, and while I was in a block, I made the cover.
The cover is almost required to win NaNoWriMo, so it was the perfect way to keep productive without actually having to write at that moment!

When I was thinking of the design, I was tossing up many ideas. At one point I was thinking of having a horse and two riders silhouetted against a sunset, with one rider ponying their horse. Then I thought of maybe having a close-up of their legs and the shoulders of the horses and having them holding hands, but decided that was too cheesy.

So I consulted my sister, who gave me excellent advice.


Hey, it's true - RDR is a wonderful way to get inspiration!

So, I did the thing!


It's simple but gives enough information that it's a romance-type novel, which is exactly what I wanted.


That's all I've got for today - I'm going to be spending most of my time writing since I'm two days behind and have to reach 50k words by the end of the month. Tomorrow I'll try to shake things up with something model horse-related.

No comments:

Post a Comment