Thursday, November 6, 2014

Zombies!

Today was even worse than yesterday. I woke up at 1am and pretty much immediately got to work starting Chapter 3 of Hostage. I didn't finish it, though. I only have 3,093 words to show for the literal 15 hours I've been awake.

I blame Steam Powered Giraffe.

Finger-pointing aside, I still have to put something up for today, so in light of how I'm currently feeling, why not something zombie-related?!

Back in late september/early october, I started a halloween project. I was really inspired by PaleHorse's zombie horses. I loved everything she did with them, from the reposing to the sculptural work. I didn't, however, like how select the colours were, and how lumpy the finish looked.

I mean, yeah, it's a zombie. The thing could literally look like someone shoved rocks under its skin and it would still pass as a zombie. The thing's supposed to be rotten and broken like my soul.

Still, I wanted to try to make something better. I wanted to make something smooth, anatomically believable, and ultimately - dead.

So I made a zombie.
Whether or not I achieved my goal is a whole other story.

The process of creating this zombie was interesting to say the least. He started out as a Family Arabian Stallion (FAS) and ended up being chopped up to be turned into an eventer. I had bodies coming in the mail so I could finish them, but they never came. So, I repurposed him.

Simply because I'm too tired to make this post long, you can see the process from day 1, where he started as an idea, and follow all the way through to where he became a reality on my fallen-leaves thread. The best part, though? He's not finished. That means you get to see as I paint him and make him the gorey goodness he's going to be.

I've been tossing around the ideas of light colours to contrast with the blood and pus, and decided that a dun or Amber champange would be best. I might meet in the middle with a lighter dun.

Anyway, say hello to Victim of Science: the first of many zombies to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment