Monday, November 3, 2014

NaNoWriMo - Hostage

It's November! This is one of the only months out of the year that I actually look forward to. Why? Well, many reasons!

I was born on November 25th, which makes it one of my favourite months because of that. Then, not too far from my birthday is Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Thanksgiving (in the US) so it's this big long streak of awesome things that could potentially make you go into cardiac arrest. Seriously though, have you been to Walmart on Black Friday? And don't get me started on how greasy that ham is.

One of the biggest reasons - at least this year - is because it's National Novel Writing Month. That means that writers all over the globe are challenged to write a novel in one month to win.

This is a wonderful thing for aspiring authors to engage in their dreams. I've been working on three novels on and off for quite some time (one was even restarted four times! No wonder it's taken me 6 years to get to chapter 10!) however, I've decided to start a whole new novel for this.


The timing was perfect actually. I was derping around on the lovely insane asylum called Tumblr, when I got this idea. I'd been thinking a lot lately about how adorable gay cowboys are (surprisingly no, I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain!) and had this plot literally just explode into my head that screamed "WRITE THIS YOU LAZY DOLT" so I am.

And yes, it's about gay cowboys.

Furthermore, it's about an outlaw in the mid-1800s who is secretly gay and has to keep his secret just that - a secret. Of course, this doesn't work too well when he accidentally falls in love with a farm boy whom he was holding hostage during one of their raids in stealing cattle and ransacking the ranch. This of course causes problems to stir up within the gang as their suspicions rise.

The plot will unfold further as I write, but for a start that is literally more than I had to go off of with one of my causal novels.

I finished a drastic custom's sculpt in under a month. I can do this. I will be up writing as long as I'm awake until this thing is finished!

I will do this!

So, expect to see some updates on how that's going and if you're aspiring to be an author, I highly recommend you go check out NaNoWriMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment